We are all aware of the superiority of steel over wood structures, and this includes ease of maintenance. However, there are still some easy and quick things you can do to keep your steel structure in the best shape.
- The first thing we recommend is to keep a maintenance log to stay on top of all the maintenance you’ve done and when.
- The easiest place to start is with a basic wash, especially when the weather conditions change. Whether its leaves being blown around or dirt from nearby country roads, a quick power wash will return your American Carports’ structure to like-new.
- Overhead doors also need attention, so remember to wash them too. Using a light degreaser can help cut through any dirt that has accumulated.
- Dusting the roof with a soft bristle broom to remove debris is recommended. Please be sure to take every safety precaution to not put anyone in danger while doing so.
- Periodically check that all screws are tightened and have not come loose. Using a lubricant product on all moving parts, doors and windows are highly recommended to maintain the like-new look and function.
We hope these tips are helpful and will assist you in enjoying your American Carports metal building for years to come.