Need a metal building, but don’t know where to start? Here’s a quick overview…
Steps BEFORE purchasing a metal building:
- Call American Steel Carports to make sure we service your area at (866) 730-9865.
- Contact your city regarding permitting, codes, and what is and isn’t allowed.
- Measure or hire someone to measure the exact size of the unit you need. (Although we are highly skilled, we cannot guess the size of your vehicles and how much EXTRA room you will need for storage or other purposes.)
- After checking on permitting requirements and measuring, visit a local American Steel Carports dealer in your area. Call (866) 730-9865 to get info on local dealers.
- Choose your style of carport, RV cover, garage, lean-to, mini-storage, etc.
- Ask for the lead-time of installation for your area. (Make sure it works for you.)
- Place your order with a 10% deposit. IF needed, request and pay for plans.
- Pull Permit once plans are received.
Steps AFTER purchasing a metal building:
- Prep the site. Make sure the site is level.
- Mark all utility lines. (We are not liable for damage to unmarked lines.) Call #811 before you dig.
- Pour concrete if needed or required. Make sure to contact your dealer or ASC so that you can make sure you meet our concrete requirements.
- Clear the installation site of debris. (We can install over items at an additional cost and after it is cleared through management. Pictures and measurements of what we are installing over are required.)
- Wait for the arrival of your American Steel Carports building! (We are sure that you will be 100% satisfied with our product!)
If you need to make changes to your order, they cannot be done on-site. To make changes to your order, contact your local dealer or call (866) 730-9865 to speak to the representative for your state BEFORE your installation date. Changes could affect installation dates.