Are you planning to get a metal building in the future? Have you considered insulating it? Perhaps insulation doesn’t seem like a huge deal for you, but it’s the best choice for those who want to keep their valuables at room temperature. American Carports offers insulation for your metal building that provides your metal unit with thermal, radiation, and vapor barriers; combining these benefits means that that you will have a cool, dry structure in the summer and a warm, dry structure in the winter.
However, there are some things that you might need to know before opting to insulate your metal building. Our insulation:
- Has an R-Value of 16.
- Offers radiation and vapor barriers.
- Is great for heat, condensation, and cold.
- Comes with reflective aluminum foil on each side of a 5mm closed-cell polyethylene foam center.
Our insulation is ICC-ES recognized and Energy Star-qualified due to the following characteristics:
- It has a classification A for fire retardant, slow flame propagation material.
- It doesn’t leak when fastened.
- It’s waterproof. It has two aluminum faces that reflect radiation and heat.
- It offers thermal insulation.
- It retains its thickness over time.
Restrictions: Insulation can only be applied on buildings with Vertical siding; even if you only want to insulate the roof of your metal structure, it must be an A-Frame Vertical roof.
You might be wondering why insulation can only be added to vertical buildings. The simple answer is that the extra material used on vertical sides helps to support the insulation, preventing it from coming down or getting saggy. Horizontal siding or roofs wouldn’t be able to hold the insulation correctly due to the lack of material.
Now you’ve learned about our insulation and all the benefits we offer. If you’re definitely sure about getting a metal building with insulation, give us a call! Let one of our experts help you create that metal building of your dreams. And don’t forget to ask about what financing options are available for you.